SBC/AT&T Retirement Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits?

2 posters

Go down

Were you ever promised benefits?

Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_lcap40%Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_lcap0%Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_lcap60%Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Empty Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits?

Post by sotxbill Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 pm

I hired on because of all the hype about benefits. My dad worked for the company, and all my life all I heard was how great the training was, and how SWB had the best benefits of anyone in south Texas except for the federal government. Although some have said they were promised unchanging perpetual benefits, I never was promised that by anyone.

Who here was promised? and by who? and was it ever in writing?
sotxbill
sotxbill

Back to top Go down

Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits? Empty Re: Did AT&T or SWB ever promise you Unchanging benefits?

Post by first isdn Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:59 pm

In 1991/3? I was offered the 'Early Out' of the day which included, free health care, full Concession, and a small lump sum, by SWBT, in writing.

Too young, naive, and not wanting to make a move at the time, I turned it down. Then I spent the next ten years watching congress and the company 'modify' that agreement to the point that I had not thought possible. 'How could they ever do what they did to so many and get away with it.'

They were probably like me, too busy doing what, I felt I had to do to worry about that.

Last edited by first isdn on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repeated word)
first isdn
first isdn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum